To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
As a regulated financial service company operating in the USA, we are required to identify users on our platform. This ensures we remain in compliance with Know Your Customer (“KYC”) and Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate, something that is necessary for us to be able to continue to offer digital currency exchange services to our customers.
In order to verify the identity of an individual opening an account, INX Digital will require a valid (non-expired) Government Issued ID Document such as:
- Driver’s license
- National identity card (front + back)
- Other valid government-issued ID may be accepted if it has your full legal name, photo, date of birth, and issue and expiry dates all on the front of your ID.
We do NOT accept firearm licenses.
In order to verify the residence address of the individual opening an account, INX Digital will require proof of residence documentation. This must contain the person’s name, address and be dated less than 3 months ago from the date of submission. Valid documents include, but are not limited to:
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Utility bill (water, electricity, gas, internet, phone)
- Payroll statement or official salary document from an employer
- Insurance statement
- Tax document
- Residence certificate
We do NOT accept:
- P.O. box addresses from any country
- USPS change-of-address letters
For documents in languages that use non-Latin characters (such as Russian, Chinese, Thai, Hebrew, etc.), a notarized translation of your proof of residence document will greatly speed up the processing time.
Additional documentation we may request:
Users may be required to sign transactions prior to sending them to INX Digital’s Custodian Partner. Notwithstanding these minimum verification procedures, INX Digital may require you to provide or verify additional information, or to wait some amount of time after completion of a transaction, before permitting you to use any INX Digital Service and/or before permitting you to engage in transactions beyond certain volume limits.
Things to note:
- A valid ID document that also shows your address on the front will be acceptable for both proof of ID and proof of address.
- A valid ID document needs to be up to date, valid, not expired, and in color.
- Unclear scans or low-resolution images, poor light, or excessive glare will be rejected.
- Expired documents past their valid dates will be rejected.
- Documents not in the same name provided during registration will be rejected.
- If you do not provide the information requested or your identity cannot be verified INX Digital may not be able to open an account or carry out transactions for you. If we have already opened an account for you, we may have to close it.