To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
As a regulated financial service company operating in the USA, we are required to identify users on our platforms. This ensures we remain in compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate, something that is necessary for us to be able to continue to offer digital asset trading services to our customers.
In order to verify the identity of an individual opening an account, INX will require a valid (non-expired) Government Issued ID Document (depending on your country) as detailed below:
|Type of accepted document||US||EU, UK & Australia||Rest of the world|
*These documents are accepted for cryptocurrency trading only.
Documents must be in a .png, .jpg or .jpeg format. Pdf format is not accepted.
In order to verify the residence address of the individual opening an account, INX will require proof of residence documentation. This must contain the person’s name, address and be dated within 3 months of the date of submission. Valid documents include, but are not limited to:
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Utility bill (water, electricity, gas, internet, phone)
- Tax return document
- Brokerage statement
- Current driver's license or national ID card with address.
Accepted formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .pdf, .doc, .docx; For documents in languages that use non-Latin characters (such as Russian, Chinese, Thai, Hebrew, etc.), a notarized translation of your proof of residence document will significantly speed up the processing time.
Things to note:
- A valid ID document needs to be up to date, valid, not expired, and in color; Unclear scans or low-resolution images, poor light, or excessive glare will be rejected;
- Expired documents past their valid dates will be rejected;
- Documents not in the same name provided during registration will be rejected; If you do not provide the information requested or your identity cannot be verified, INX may not be able to open an account or carry out transactions for you. If we have already opened an account for you, we may have to close it;
- We do not accept PO BOX addresses.